The one thing that is abundant at an Election Party, apart from the political talk, is food. If you are going to host an election party anytime soon or in the far-off future, i bring you some great election party food ideas to get you going.
After the Independence Day, the Election Day is, perhaps the most patriotic day on American calendars. While some things about an election party never change, for example, adding paper flag picks to all the finger food, or table-cloth in red, blue and white, it is the food that really gets the party going along with the national fervor.
Try the food ideas given below and you are sure to come up with a winner all the way:
1) Stick to the Staples: Staple finger food like chicken wings, chicken strips, egg rolls, nachos, sandwiches, mini buns, etc work great on a busy day spent watching election returns. The only thing you need to care about is keep the finger food hot and aplenty because people like to munch a lot while worrying about the results.
2) Keep the Dips Ready: Most of what you will be serving at the election party would require a dip on the side; therefore, it would be a good idea to keep lots of dips ready beforehand. Some of the choices can be:
a. Cream Cheese Dip
b. Artichoke Dip
c. Easy Cheese Dip
3) Fruit’s the Word: Nobody says no to fruits and these are not at all time-consuming to be served at the election party. All you have to do is buy them in bulk from the supermarket, wash them thoroughly, chop or slice them and serve them in bowls and watch them disappear just like the politicians from the last election. Seasonal fruits are the best choice for this, however, you can always depend upon strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, watermelon and red apples to achieve your red and blue food combination.
4) Go Green, Go Veggie: One of the most popular election party food ideas is serving a veggie tray that includes all sorts of vegetables, cut up in bite sizes and served with a cream based dip, which is popular with both adults and children. You can choose from among raw cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, carrots, celery, snow peas, etc.
5) Flag Cake is a Must: Having an election party without a flag cake sounds like an incomplete idea. If not a red, white and blue cake, then, at least some rich chocolate brownies, cut into star shapes, decorated with fresh raspberries and whip cream, should be a part of your dessert tray. Nothing would set the mood right for an election party better than this.
6) Go American: Serve up an American-style meal with bowls of chili with cornbread muffins, hot dogs and spaghetti on the table. To the chili, you can add a lot in the form of chopped onion, hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeno peppers and oyster crackers. To complete this American feast, add an apple pie in the end for dessert.
7) Shrimp Cocktail: Serving a shrimp cocktail at your election party might be a little costlier than the rest of the food items, but it makes your guests feel special. Serving a shrimp cocktail on ice, with some cocktail sauce, also adds some color to the table, along with the rest of the election party menu.
8) Keep Munchies Handy: Watching the television for results can get a bit boring after sometime and if it is still time to the meal, keep the chips, nuts, popcorn, Chex Mix, pretzels handy in several serving trays across the room where your guests are seated.
Congrats to reelect president Obama !!